Manager, Lab Operations
San Francisco, CA /
Our mission is to enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring more cell and gene therapies to patients, by dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing. 64x Bio was founded by world renowned scientists and experts in gene therapy from Harvard and the Wyss Institute. Our rapidly growing and cross disciplinary team consists of creative bioengineers and synthetic biologists working alongside data scientists to create cutting-edge solutions to problems in gene therapy.
- Build and lead the lab operations function.
- Setup of all associated processes for the lab to run smoothly (e.g., purchasing processes, inventory management, etc.)
- Oversee purchasing of all consumables and equipment, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Lead the design, expansion, and build-out of a new lab, as well as the strategic and financial aspects of these initiatives.
- Work closely with the scientific team to understand research needs and evolve the lab operations function to further empower them.
- Establish and maintain reliable lab operations requiring minimal distraction for scientists and leadership.
- Implementing miscellaneous business processes, procedures, templates, and systems to support the company through rapid growth.
- Facilities support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive experience in laboratory operations (biotech / pharma).
- Extensive experience overseeing the lab operations function and the buildout of all associated processes.
- Self-motivated, pragmatic, proactive, and able to multitask.
- Must possess a process driven mindset and be driven by creating optimized processes across the operations function.
- Experience leading and/or holding broad operational roles to support the growth and maturity of a startup company.
- Ability to operate with urgency both on your own and through the leadership of others, understanding that speed often defines success in a start-up environment.
- Strong managerial qualities, strong attention to detail, and extremely strong organizational skills.
- Expertise in Google Suite and Mac OSX as well as proficiency in Windows systems, especially Excel.