Platform Program Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Program Management /
Our mission is to enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring more cell and gene therapies to patients, by dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing. 64x Bio was founded by world renowned scientists and experts in gene therapy from Harvard and the Wyss Institute. Our rapidly growing and cross disciplinary team consists of creative bioengineers and synthetic biologists working alongside data scientists to create cutting-edge solutions to problems in gene therapy.
The Platform Program Manager will establish 64x Bio’s program management function and work closely with the R&D team, senior leadership, and industry partners to drive the success of our VectorSelect™ platform. PMP certification and previous experience in a dynamic startup environment preferred.
- Build project plans, track and coordinate resources, timelines, budgets, and dependencies to ensure on-time delivery of 64x Bio’s VectorSelect™ platform and partnered programs.
- Develop the program management infrastructure for the organization, including governance, stakeholder communications, reporting and metrics, and other best practices.
- Schedule, prepare, and lead program review meetings internally and with partners.
- Troubleshoot and quickly resolve issues associated with coordination and development of 64x Bio’s synthetic biology platform.
- Escalate issues when critical risks arise and maintain pulse with program activities to ensure progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, engineering, technology, operations or related field.
- 8+ years of experience supporting scientific R&D projects in cell therapy, gene therapy, synthetic biology, or a related field.
- Ability to reprioritize throughout the day and week as new needs arise in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to systematically and effectively multitask/advance many projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate with a wide array of personalities and work styles.
- Strong expertise in Smartsheet, Asana, and other project management tools.
- Expertise in Google Suite and Mac OSX as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.