Senior Research Associate, Platform
San Francisco, CA /
Our mission is to enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring more cell and gene therapies to patients, by dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing. 64x Bio was founded by world renowned scientists and experts in gene therapy from Harvard and the Wyss Institute. Our rapidly growing and cross disciplinary team consists of creative bioengineers and synthetic biologists working alongside data scientists to create cutting-edge solutions to problems in gene therapy.
- Operate liquid handling robots to perform high-throughput NGS library preparations for sequencing.
- Execute high-throughput lab protocols utilizing lab equipment like thermocyclers, multichannel pipettors, magnetic racks, and related.
- Perform experiment QC using Bioanalyzer, TapeStation, and related instrumentation.
- Support software processes to enable seamless experimental data transfer between instrumentation and our Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Proactively monitor the performance of process and biological controls and troubleshoot as needed.
- Develop and validate new automated Genomics workflows and protocols.
- Collaborate across a diverse research team of engineers and scientists.
- B.S. / M.S. degree in biology, genetics, biochemistry, engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of hands-on lab experience with molecular biology techniques such as NGS library prep, PCR, DNA cleanup, etc.
- Experience working in an assay development environment in molecular biology and NGS.
- Experience adapting benchtop protocols into validated microtiter plate workflows.
- Previous experience working with automated liquid handlers such as Hamiltons, Tecans, Agilent Bravos, and Dynamic Devices preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly about process quality controls and contamination issues.
- Creative problem-solving skills, diligence and a passion to deliver high quality results.
- An enthusiastic and open-minded approach to collaboration and relationship building.
- A team-first approach that embraces innovation and a service organization mentality.
- Ability to learn quickly, multitask and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Expertise in Google Suite and Mac OSX as well as proficiency in Windows systems.