Head of Staff- Engineering (m/f/d)
Tech – Technical Program Management
Joyn is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
About the job
We are looking for a Head of Staff for our Engineering Organisation, reporting directly to the CTO, that helps the engineering leadership team to be super productive and effective. In this role you will ensure smooth operations of the engineering organisation while driving strategic initiatives that help us improve as a group.
What you tell people at parties
"I am working with a team of talented engineering leaders and help them transform the organisation into a high performing engineering group that builds awesome media streaming products"
What you do
- This is a super relevant cross-functional role in the tech department reporting directly to the CTO and acting as his right-hand providing information to help him be more productive and effective.
- Drive strategic initiatives that transform our engineering organisation into a high performing team that people enjoy working in on a daily basis. This includes talent acquisition and retention, interview processes, engineering site strategy, etc.
- Setup, own and continuously improve operational processes like budget management and tracking, etc.
- Run the engineering leadership team operations incl. weekly, monthly and strategic meetings, enable a positive work culture and ensure productive outcomes by capturing clear action items and drive follow-up on those.
- Help the engineering leadership team to establish and work against metrics that steer the overall engineering organisation.
- Work with our existing and new partners and service providers negotiating contracts, SLAs and help them to operate smoothly within the teams
What we're asking
- a fast-paced environment is something you feel really comfortable in
- University degree in management, information technology, or equivalent
- strong operational skills
- experience driving strategic projects
- experience in working with C Level
- English is our team language
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!