Director Solution Architecture (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
Joyn is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
About the Job
The Director Solution Architecture drives the architecture for new and existing products and features leveraging the capabilities build across the teams. You coordinates the technical design activity of different teams making sure that our product is coherent, well designed, optimized and documented at the system level.
What you tell people at parties
“I am working with awesome engineering teams to rapidly build and test features and products that entertain people”
What you do
- Provide technology leadership across 7TV to deliver a world-class consumer experience
- Build and Lead a community of Domain architects in order to align the teams on our architecture vision and make the overall system level design emerge
- Support the organization (teams, domains, product, stakeholders) in recommending principles and solution designs in areas such as new business initiatives,third party vendors integrations that affects the overall platform and new/major changes in 7TVs platform
- Maintain and evolve the high level platform design to support the 7TVs future needs based on 7TVs business vision and engineering vision
- Support the teams in finding pragmatic solution architectures for complex business problems that combine our capabilities and enable fast time to market of consumer facing products and features
- Based on the target architecture, drive common architecture topics into the teams backlogs and help the teams align their technical roadmaps and work with the Product Owners to slice its implementation in a way that maximizes value creation for the company
- Ensure proper documentation of current architecture, design decisions and rationale.
- Provide leadership and guidance on standards, best practices by constantly incorporating the best-in-class technologies and developments
- Hire and retain top talent in the industry; inspire the organisation by exceeding expectations of consumers, stakeholders, and product and engineering teams
- Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on providing developer delight and speed of delivery for the teams
Essential Skills & Experience Required
- Significant, sound, and proven experience in system architecture and infrastructure (such as event driven service-oriented architectures, micro-services, and API gateways)
- Experience designing and delivering robust, high-volume, highly reliable, and highly available services and APIs for use in consumer-facing applications
- Proven track record of taking a pragmatic approach while solving problems
- Being a good listener, but also argue for the cause when needed
- Capable of taking a helicopter view of things to get the big picture while getting into details when needed, but understand when it is appropriate doing so.
- Confirmed leader to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for teams and transform it into a successful execution strategy
- Adapt at developing in one or more common programming languages such as Python / node.js
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms, including an understanding of scalability, security, serverless architecture, and cost control concerns.
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!