Senior Software Engineer - Live Streaming (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
7TV is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the 7TV Live Streaming team develop and operate a cutting-edge cloud-based massive scale video streaming infrastructure to delight 7TV customers consuming live video.
What you tell people at parties
"My code runs in a massively auto-scaled cloud environment, making sure you can enjoy high-quality glitch-free live streams on 7TV anywhere and anytime"
WHAT YOU DO
- develop cutting-edge cloud-based services for 7TV's live streaming infrastructure
- write code in Python/GO/C++ (depending on task at hand)
- deploy microservices on AWS using infrastructure as code paradigms
- take ownership for your code, run your services in production, monitor performance, and continuously optimize your system
- follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your insights into features and improvements for your own services
HOW YOU DO IT
- apply agile development methodologies, and prioritize your work together with PO and engineers in the team
- work autonomously as a team, be accountable for your product, and how it fits into the big picture
- find a healthy balance of speed and sustainability
- learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
WHAT WE ARE ASKING
- university degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- professional working experience in at least one of Python/GO/C++
- broad knowledge of current web technologies (HTTPS, CDN, JSON, REST, etc.) running in high-traffic, distributed environments
- experience with AWS (Lambda, ECS, auto-scaling etc.) and message-driven microservices architectures (Kinesis/Kafka)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT 7TV
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!