Senior Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
7TV is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. Together with your team you are building the new gluecode and tools for our platform, based on AWS, which is the core of all our services. Our mission is to provide an always improved, easy to use and relied on best practises toolbox for Our Developers - We want them to be fully focused on their Backlogs, without struggling around incorporating in latest Cloud –service, -features or deployment-workflows.
What you tell people at parties
"My services run in a large-scale cloud environment, making sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand in the 7TV app on any device, anywhere"
What you do
- Always improve and challenge existing best practises in terms of cloud-infrastructure provisioning and usage of several cloud services
- Foster excellence in development teams in points of scalability, performance and monitoring
- Develop services (gluecode) that allow us to ideally combine our existing tools with one another and increase the productivity of our development teams
- Actively participate in architecture discussions to maintain the most homogenous service landscape, in terms of maintainability and overall experience
- Knowledge of microservice principles and best practices which is the base of our product
- Part of a second-tier 24x7 support rota providing production assistance to development team first tier
How you do it
- You enjoy solving difficult technical problems in the team - because 1+1=3
- We value autonomy in the teams and at the same time we like you to take ownership for the products you are building.
- Your develop code for solving complex business problems, and you find solutions that are simple, beautiful, and sustainable
- We really care about the product and you should keep the consumer in mind when designing your solution together with product
- Learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
What we are asking
- A fast-paced environment is something you feel really comfortable in
- University degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- Enjoy what you do, and be willing to teach and learn new technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to troubleshoot issues quickly, from first principles, with solid instincts of how distributed systems fail most often
- A passionate Linux enthusiast with a good understanding of CS fundamentals
- Fanatical about infrastructure as code, with deep experience in one or more of: Terraform, CloudFormation or Troposphere
- Proven abilities to write robust, performant, maintainable, testable code in one or more of Golang, Python, nodeJS or Rust
- Experienced in building, supporting and evangelising Continuous Delivery
- Able to lead development teams towards sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- English is our team language
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT 7TV
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!