General Admin / IT Engineer (m/f/d)
Corporate – IT
Joyn is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
ABOUT THE JOB
We currently have a need for a General Admin / IT Engineer to support our internal IT Systems, support staff with day to day requirements and support our development teams with custom solutions. You will work in a team environment and be responsible for ensuring that our complete IT landscape is functional, secure and tuned for high availability. In addition, this individual will work on special projects as needed. On-call support might be required on a rotating schedule.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
- Install, configure and support employees software and computer systems (Mac and Windows)
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Design and deploy networks; maintain network servers such as file servers, and VPN gateways. Configure, test and maintain Cisco network infrastructure (WiFi, switches, routers and firewalls)
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software and hardware
- Configure, maintain and work with Desktop Management Software
- Walk colleagues or clients through steps to help them resolve their technical problems
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues
- Deploy, maintain and manage authorization in Active Directory and OKTA
- Configure and maintain Servers like AD, DNS, DHCP, Radius and NAS
- Deploy and manage Symantec antivirus and network protection
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications
- Test, evaluate, and make decisions about new technology for the business
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Specific experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 to 2019
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+, CCNA Routing, and Switching, Microsoft certification or other related IT professional certification, certifications are preferred
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications
- Familiar with Cisco ASA firewall technology and Cisco switching, routing and WiFi
- Familiar with Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Familiar with Google Suite
- Familiar with SSO tools
- Familiar with Desktop Management Software
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time
- Broadcast and media industry experience is a plus
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!