Quantitative UX Researcher (m/f/d)
Creative – UXR
7TV is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
About the job
In our User Experience (UX) team, UX Researchers partner with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other employees across the company to improve the user experience and drive product excellence. Quantitative UX Researchers do this by leveraging empirical research methods from computer science, quantitative social science, statistics, econometrics, data science, and other fields to understand user behavior and extract meaningful patterns from large data sets.
You’ll solve challenging problems and empower the teams to move forward by developing metrics, measuring results, and integrating new methodologies into existing systems. You’ll do more than just crunch numbers: through reports and team engagement, you provide a UX perspective on quantitative data to help stakeholders understand their users. You’ll also identify and quantify problems, and embark on new research areas worth exploring through innovative methods.
This differs from data science roles as it involves the application of data science to User Experience problems. The primary difference between this role and a pure data science role is a strong interest in understanding user needs. Day to day, this is expressed in work with Qualitative UX Researchers, UX Designers, and Engineering teams to ensure that we’re addressing users' needs.
- Define and measure quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with Designers, Qualitative Researchers, Engineers and Program Managers
- Examine existing data and product designs to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research
- Prioritize and drive research to improve user experience
- Develop code and statistical models to understand user experience
- Drive change by communicating findings to stakeholders in the company; make research findings convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and with SQL
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics or a related field
- 5 years of relevant work experience with User Experience or Human-Computer Interaction teams
- 2 years of work experience in an applied research setting
- Demonstrated expertise in multivariate statistics and the design of experiments
- Proficiency in programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets
- Excellent command of research questions within a given domain and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that field
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT 7TV
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!