QA Automation Engineer - Video Backend (m/f/d)
Tech – QA
Joyn is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
ABOUT THE JOB..
We’re looking for a talented QA Automation Engineer to help us in continuously improving our video backend services that prepare massive amounts of video assets for delivery to our customers. While working with our exceptional team of engineers and product experts, you will help deliver great video experiences for our users and leave your mark on our company.
WHAT WILL YOU DO..
- Independently create and execute manual and automated tests, focusing on video backend systems and browser-based management interfaces
- Develop and implement product test strategy and test plan and make sure that they are integrated in our CI/CD pipeline
- Actively participate in optimizing scaling, reliability, cost-benefit, and maintenance trade-offs associated with our cloud-based video backend architecture and infrastructure
- Organize QA activities and build a quality oriented culture, work closely with Engineering and Product teams to ensure that we as teams deliver stable, robust and high-quality products
- Ensure that our production systems are actively monitored and quality issues are proactively addressed
- Own the “bug inbox”, work closely with cross-functional team to ensure bugs are reproduced, fixed and users are happy
- Actively participate in our agile process, analyze features while they are being built, and point out flaws and omissions, especially looking at edge cases
- Ensure that the acceptance criteria are accurate, clear and well defined, and convert the acceptance criteria into automated tests
- Document and communicate of test results
WHAT DO YOU NEED..
- 3+ years of experience and strong knowledge in building and running tests
- Experience with test automation tools and emulators like Selenium, Appium etc.
- Experience with software design concepts, agile software development, and core development tools (e.g. version control, CI/CD)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, esp. AWS
- You share our passion for software quality and user experience “Quality first” mindset and a low tolerance to imperfections
- You are passionate about improving the way things are done and stay on top of emerging trends and testing best practice
- Excitement to roll up sleeves and make a big impact on a rapidly growing product
- You are an excellent communicator and able to communicate constantly at all levels
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!