Senior Backend Engineer- Node.JS (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
7TV is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
ABOUT THE JOB..
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. Together with your team you are building message driven micro services in Node.js or Python that communicate through Kafka and run on Docker in AWS. The services power our clients that run accross all platforms (mobile, web, OTT, SmartTVs, PS4, you name it) and delight our consumers with live streaming and video on demand content.
WHAT YOU TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES
"My services run in a large-scale cloud environment, making sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand in the 7TV app on any device, anywhere"
WHAT WOULD YOU DO
- Develop cutting-edge micro services in Node.js or Python for 7TV's live and vod products.
- Work as a team, respect and support each other in the team, practise agile methodologies including TDD and pair programming.
- Deploy your code multiple times a day and take care of running your services in production on AWS.
- Learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before.
- Follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your learnings into features and improvements that delight our customers.
HOW YOU DO IT
- You enjoy solving difficult technical problems in the team - because 1+1=3
- We value autonomy in the teams and at the same time we like you to take ownership of the products you are building.
- You get a chance to work with Node.js, Kafka, AWS, Docker, you name it.
- You develop code for solving complex business problems, and you find solutions that are simple, beautiful, and sustainable
- We really care about the product and you should keep the consumer in mind when designing your solution together with product
- Learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
WHAT WE'RE ASKING FOR
- A fast-paced environment is something you feel really comfortable in
- University degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- Professional working experience in Node.js/Python, additional languages are a plus
- Broad knowledge of micro service technologies
- Experience with AWS services, especially auto-scaling and serverless
- Working experience with CI/CD, test- and deployment automation, and containers
- English is our team language
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT 7TV
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!