Senior Android Engineer - Player (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
Joyn is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to work together with a team of highly experienced individuals with competences in software development on web and mobile, video player frameworks, video advertisement, and user experience, developing what is at the core of Joyn's consumer offering - the video player.
What you tell people at parties
"My code runs on millions of devices, making sure people have a great video playback experience on 7TV"
What you do
- Build the best video player on the market!
- develop and integrate components for streaming video playback, ad management, and user interaction on Android
- Take ownership of your code, monitor its performance, continuously aim at optimizing consumer experience
- Follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your insights into features and improvements for your product
How you do it
- Apply agile development methodologies, and prioritize your work together with PO and engineers in the team
- Work autonomously as a team, be accountable for your product, and how it fits into the big picture
- Find a healthy balance of speed and sustainability
- Learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
What we are asking
- university degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- interest in and ideally experience with video streaming in general, and ExoPlayer in particular
- working experience with CI/CD pipelines, test- and deployment automation
- interest in and ideally knowledge of streaming tech
- good English language skills - English is our team language
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!