Senior Data Scientist (m/f/d)
Tech – BI
Joyn is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Data Scientist to drive the development of our data products in the areas of customer insights and actions and personalization (in particular, recommendation). While working on the data platform that our engineering team is building, you will have an exciting opportunity to design and spearhead the technical implementation of customized data products for a fast growing online video platform while providing technical and methodological direction to your colleagues.
What would you do
- Take responsibility for the design and technical implementation of our customized data products from end-to-end
- Collaborate closely with our software engineers and with the stakeholders of the data products
- Provide technical and methodological direction as well as training and mentoring to data scientists
- Develop our data products hands-on
What do you need
- A Masters or a PhD in Computer Science or in a quantitative discipline (such as Statistics, Mathematics etc.) combined with very strong programming skills
- Multiple years of hands-on experience in the development of complex data science products in the context of an online business (ideally recommendation engines for streaming services)
- Software development skills: ability to structure and implement a (large) data science project, optimize software for performance (e.g. parallelization) and (re-) usability, and implement custom machine learning solutions
- Strong programming skills (e.g. in Python, Scala or Node.js) and experience with a big data framework (such as Spark, Storm, Flink, Hive)
- Machine learning and statistics skills: a very good understanding of the foundations and ideally a deep knowledge of concepts relevant to recommendation engines
- A drive to achieve excellent results, to learn and to collaborate closely with team members and stakeholders
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!