iOS Team Lead
Tech – Software
Joyn is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
About the Job
We are looking for a Team Lead that can drive engineering for our iOS Team. The iOS team is building our brand new streaming app that aggregates multiple content partners on the german market into one highly personalised user experience including live streaming, catch up content and premium subscription based streaming content. You will be building this user experience across mobile, tablet and big screen (tvOS) devices with your team and be able to solve all the engineering challenges that come with scale and diversity of platforms.
We believe in giving our autonomous teams a challenging mission and look for leaders that can phrase the mission for teams and like to build, grow and guide our engineering team to its full potential. You foster collaboration, lead by example and thrive in a fast paced environment while providing the technical vision and strategy to the teams and help them execute. This role is reporting directly into the Director Engineering for Consumer products.
What you tell people at parties
“I am working with my awesome engineering teams to rapidly build and test features and products that entertain people”
What we do
- Build, grow and guide the iOS engineering teams that build the mobile, tablet and tvOS apps - through external and internal hiring as well as developing our engineering talent into new challenges and roles.
- Support individuals in their career development and personal growth
- Set the technology vision and architectural direction for your team and execute against that vision and agreed target state.
- Work closely with the Product Organisation and embrace lean and agile product development practises and data-driven decision making.
- Continuously identify and resolves technical debt, quality issues and gaps in engineering processes.
- Apply pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seeks to reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase leverage for the organisation.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Translate product and business vision and strategy into your team and translate into outward looking technology strategy.
- Create a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion, lead by example in line with the engineering and company values where people can fulfil their potential and actively manage performance.
- Hire and retain top talent in the industry; inspire the organisation by exceeding expectations of consumers, stakeholders, and product and engineering teams
- Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on providing developer delight and speed of delivery for the teams
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- Confirmed engineering leader to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for teams and transform it into a successful execution strategy
- Significant, sound, and proven experience in building compelling consumer apps based on iOS;
- Adept at developing in one or more common programming languages such as Swift, Objective C.
- Understanding of MVC, MVVM, asynchronous/multithreading patterns, cocoa design patterns, and other object oriented patterns/concepts
- Proven track record of taking a pragmatic approach while solving problems
- Being a good listener, but also argue for the cause when needed
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment and able to deal with change.
- Capable of taking a helicopter view of things to get the big picture while getting into details when needed, but understands when it is appropriate doing so.
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!