Tech Lead Backend (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
7TV is a digital company with the big ambition to combine all your favorite movies, shows, live television channels, and exciting video content into one place and deliver the most comprehensive user-friendly video entertainment service in the world. We believe everyone should have access to their favorite and personalized content a click or two away whether they are sitting at home or on the go.
If you share our passion, care deeply about user experience, value teamwork and ownership, and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then we'd love to talk to you. You will be building the new platform from the ground up alongside a fast growing team of incredible people, backed by some of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International (+ more to come!).
ABOUT THE JOB..
We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead for our backend services to help us build the next generation streaming platform. Together with your team of talented and passionate engineers you are building a streaming platform in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. We are an Agile organisation and believe in autonomous teams that are given a challenge and work towards a missions. Therefore we need technical leaders with an agile mindset, who lead by example, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and are able to guide, mentor and grow high performing product development teams.
WHAT YOU TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES
“I am leading a team of engineers who are building the next generation of streaming platforms to make sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand on any device, anywhere“
WHAT WOULD YOU DO
- Lead a team of passionate and talented engineers and grow your team into a high performing, self organising unit that continuously delivers value by embracing a lean and agile mindset.
- Build the next generation streaming platform and provide services around user identity, asset management, subscriptions and payments, fraud, analytics, etc. in Node.js or Python.
- Drive a culture of good engineering practises and implement processes, systems and tools to aid and empower the team in their day to day work.
- Facilitate technical design and architectural discussions in your team and align with other engineering teams
- Help the team to identify and resolves technical debt, quality issues and gaps in engineering processes - engineering is craftsmanship and you enjoy applying good engineering practises.
- You learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before and grow the skill level inside your teams as well
WHAT DO YOU NEED
- You have a deep passion for working on a mission-driven tech product that is designed to solve a complex user problem
- For your team of talented engineers you provide technical leadership and guide the team in technical and product decisions and help us meet the product and business requirements with your technical solution.
- You believe in a servant leadership style that creates a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion inline with the engineering and company values where people can fulfil their potential.
- We like to get the elephant out of the room and resolves possible conflicts so we can focus on the product. You help us build an open, collaborative and candid culture that is build on trust.
- You are the wingman of the Product Owner and work closely with him solving difficult product and business problems.
- You lead by example and instill the values that ensure your team maintains high level of competence and operational excellence
- You have fun at work!
WHAT WE'RE ASKING
- Experienced working as a line manager or tech lead in a progressive Agile company
- People management / leadership experience - managing, and nurturing talent, as well as managing under and over-performers
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams as well as recruit and build teams from scratch.
- University degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- Professional working experience in Node.js/Python, additional languages are a plus
- Broad knowledge of micro service technologies
- Experience with AWS services, especially auto-scaling and serverless
- Working experience with CI/CD, test- and deployment automation, and containers
- English is our team language
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT 7TV
● Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!