7Geese is growing fast and we’re seeking talented full time developers to help continue the performance management revolution.
Who we are
7Geese is a fun, ambitious startup rewriting the rulebook on performance management. Our platform encourages continuous feedback, coaching, employee peer recognition, and OKR goal setting. Established in 2012, we are a mature product in an emerging market, with over 300 customers worldwide, served by our small (but growing!) and diverse team in Vancouver, Canada. Our office is nestled in the heart of the bustling and historic Gastown.
Why you should join us
- Be a leader: Our open management culture encourages you to make your voice heard and allows anyone to take charge of a project and team
- Enjoy your work, enjoy your life: We offer all our employees competitive salaries, truly flexible work schedules, regular remote working, a generous flexible vacation policy and a comprehensive extended benefits plan.
- A product to believe in: At 7Geese we dog-food our own product. We use 7Geese to inform how we educate and develop our employees into rockstars.
- Never go hungry: Our kitchen is always stocked with snacks and drinks to keep that brain of yours fuelled and finely tuned.
- Perpetual learning machine: We dedicate one week every quarter to learning new skills and technologies. We also host weekly lunch and learns. Free food and a show, what could be better?
- Deploy small, deploy often: We use modern continuous integration and deployment processes, so our users benefit from your genius immediately
- Be Heard: Our transparent and inclusive management processes allow everyone to contribute to company strategy and have exposure to how the business is run
- Implement new features and enhance the user experience using our React (ES6 JS), Redux, Backbone and Less dev stack
- Ensure code quality through unit testing, E2E automated testing and stringent peer code review
- Interact with designers and product manager to bring new features to life
- Push code and see it go live the same day
- Assist our sales team with customer questions
- You are a team player and welcome exposure to people at all levels and departments
- You have a passion for technology, the desire to champion ideas and share your knowledge
- You take pride in your work and have an appreciation for the user experience
- You are receptive to feedback and are excited to learn and share with your awesome colleagues
Skills and qualifications
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Comfortable working independently in a small team
- Experience with git or similar VCS
- Explicit experience with our stack
- Do you contribute to open source projects or have a passion project? Tell us about it!
Not for you? Perhaps you know someone who would be a perfect fit? Share this with them. Thanks!