Senior UX/Product Designer
7Geese is growing! We're seeking a passionate and talented Product/UX Designer with experience in designing web and mobile applications.
We're an ambitious, youthful startup building a disruptive platform to help people, teams, and companies perform their best in a rapidly evolving business landscape. We believe that the future of work is realtime, connected, and transparent — and we're building an application to make that belief a reality.
We love to work with people that thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. We're in need of a bright UX designer that is capable of providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to help us build the future of work. Sound like you? That's awesome. Let us know. We want to hear from you. Please share a portfolio of your recent work with us!
Our ideal candidate must have:
- A passion for creating simple, elegant, beautiful solutions to wicked problems
- Expert, up-to-date knowledge of UX best practices and ability to implement solutions to remove friction from imperfect workflows
- Experience building prototypes and mockups with modern design apps such like Sketch and Principle
- Expert knowledge of UI design trends and familiarity working with front-end frameworks like Bootstrap
- Experience with setting up, executing, and acting on usability studies
- Experience using data to measure the impact of your design and iterating
- You're a pixel-perfectionist that can polish front-end code after it has been built by developers
- You already use the same tools and apps we use: Sketch, Principle, Invision
- Experience with designing for Mobile (Android and iOS) and Tablet
- Familiarity with product management or being a product owner.
Your key responsibilities would be to:
- Design, build, and refine new and existing product features in collaboration with other designers, developers, and product managers.
- Take ownership of specific product areas to improve and innovate the design and associated workflows.
- Review and discuss new design work with the product design team weekly
- Conduct usability studies to identify issues with different workflows and come up with solutions.
- There is a fair amount of autonomy involved with this role, so we're looking for somebody that takes initiative and is a multi-tasking rockstar!
What's in it for you?
- Be a part of building an exciting, innovative product in a hot industry!
- Competitive salary and equity, comprehensive health benefits plan, flexible work hours
- Work from our trendy brick Gastown office with free snacks (and coffee...)
- Weekly catered lunch and learns with the whole team
- An opportunity to grow your career at a rapid pace
- You get to work with some of the most talented designers and engineers in Vancouver in a fun and supportive environment