Senior Unity 3D Developer
ENGINEERING – Mobile /
Our Client is an international, award-winning entertainment company providing unique and deeply engaging mobile games that are played by tens of millions of people across the globe. Now looking for a Senior Software Developer with Unity skills.
As a leading mobile games developer, the client is looking to “level up” their talent in Toronto. They’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Creating production ready, high quality code that can be easily maintained and shared.
- Architecting entire features, innovating and promoting best practices across JCTO.
- Taking ownership/accountability for all aspects of a certain area of game or codebase.
- Promoting automated and manual code testing methodologies.
- Breaking down product or technical features.
- Understanding and communicating the long term directions for both project and framework level code.
- Generates new ideas.
- Sharing knowledge and acting as a “subject matter expert” on the team.
- Working hours: usually 10am-6pm EST, but there’s still flex there. Open to hiring a remote employee from another country as long as they can work 4 hours overlap with the Eastern Standard work day.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Expertise with the Unity game engine using C#.
- Strong understanding of game engines and graphics pipelines.
- Experience building games for mobile platforms.
- Ability to write code in C++, C# or other programming language and strong knowledge of game-development engines (Unity) to create games.
- Owns the quality of their code; helps others improve and doesn’t leave good enough alone, strives to reach greatness. Sees an area for improvement in self and others and works towards achieving it.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner; focuses on key priorities.
- Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with XNA, Unreal Engine, OpenGL/DirectX, C++.
- Performance optimization skills (FPS improvements, draw calls, etc).
- Experience with game networking.
- Contributions to an open source project (include a portfolio or Github profile).
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- Remote-first role
- Permanent contract of employment (even for candidates from outside of Canada!)
- Salary: 97-130k CAD
- Experienced team of Software Engineers
Not your time for a move? Recommend a friend and earn 700 EUR! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: We will never, absolutely never send your CV and/or personal data to any of our clients without your direct consent. Submitting your CV is not equal to giving us consent to share your details with our external partners- we will always contact you upfront and ask for your agreement.
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.