Sales Engineer - Remote
Remote, United Kingdom /
Sales – Sales Engineering /
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
As one of our SaaS pre-sales specialists in CCaaS and UCaaS, you will join a motivated team of specialists responsible for the technical elements of the 8x8 sales cycle. You will work with our prospects and customers to understand how 8x8 can meet their requirements and become a trusted advisor on how 8x8 can resolve their business challenges.
This is an opportunity to take 8x8's products to mid-market and enterprise clients, UK and global, and to help achieve sales targets by closely working with assigned sales representatives and partners. You will have a vision and passion to see where 8x8 can make an impact and you will be collaborating with sales representatives in delivering results to our customers. Understanding Unified Communications, Telecoms and Contact Centres as well as having knowledge of the industry is essential if you wish to apply for this role.
We move at a fast-pace as we continuously build market-share in our rapidly expanding global industry. EMEA is the fastest growing region within 8x8. This growth opportunity offers immediate uncapped financial rewards, a stake in our future, and rewarding vertical and horizontal career growth opportunities as you earn a living within our high-performance sales and marketing team. You will be expected to spend the first three months of your employment regularly in our London and Aylesbury offices and occasionally San Jose, CA, while you acquire the skills required for this role.
• Act as the technical point of contact during the sales cycle, participating in discovery calls, running customised demonstrations, understanding and providing solutions to customers’ challenges, being a thought leader and trusted advisor, while building strong relationships with prospects.
• Identify opportunities and help the sales team convert into potential business, understand and drive the value proposition.
• Complete RFPs and tenders. Compile product information from multiple sources, write technical documentation and proposals.
• Understand 8x8 system architecture, security, and technical requirements and be comfortable to lead presentations and discussions on these areas with prospects.
• Keep up to date on competitors’ products in the market and provide feedback and input to product marketing on roadmap requirements and product direction.
• Communicate with clients by email and phone as well as perform client visits for presentations and training workshops and attend trade shows & conferences from time to time.
• Manage trials, working closely with the prospect to ensure their business challenges are met and defined and trial objectives met.
• Flexible schedule to accommodate travel.
• Experience and knowledge of the Contact Centre / Telecommunications industry and associated technologies including APIs & Application Integration & Network Architecture.
• B2B Pre-sales consulting experience.
• Proactive, self-starter willing to continually learn and adapt to change.
• Proven time management skills in a dynamic sales environment.
• Strong communicator, able to influence audiences both internally and externally.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Credible in representing the company to customers and other stakeholders.
• High achiever with excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrate technical sales skills and company product knowledge.
• High level of initiative and enthusiasm, with creative flair and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Interest and aptitude in technology.
• Want to be part of a high growth and high performing team that will go the extra mile to get deals closed.
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 UK Ltd. is about check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness which is why we have been a member of the Living Wage Foundation for many years and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to. For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.