Customer Service Specialist (Late Shift)
Cluj-Napoca, Romania /
Services & Support – Customer Support /
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
The Customer Service Specialist, part of the Local Number Portability (LNP) team, enables consumers to transfer their existing telephone number (traditional or Internet-based) from one phone service provider to another. With 8x8 Internet Phone Service, customers can request the portability service free of charge at any time during the initial order process or even after they have become an 8x8 subscriber, as long as they maintain phone service for the number they want to transfer.
As a Customer Service Specialist, you will ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction by successfully coordinating the porting of LNP projects for 8x8’s larger customers and partners. You will balance a variety of responsibilities and communicate effectively across multiple groups while exemplifying 8x8 core values.
- Effectively coordinate, track, and complete multiple porting projects with zero downtime for our customers
- Serve as a liaison between our providers, partners, and end-users for porting requests
- Work closely with 8x8's underlying local exchange carriers (LEC) and international carriers to facilitate phone number transfers
- Monitor port requests from inception to completion
- Enable ported telephone numbers
- Assist with porting activities and provisioning activities and duties as needed/directed
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalations from customers, sales, and other support teams through phone, chat, cases, and/or e-mails
- Previous experience in a Customer Support/Customer Service role
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Experience with CRM systems and MS Excel
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across teams and across all levels of the organization
- Interpersonal skills and character to build trust and maintain credibility
- Working schedule to cover US continental working hours. Shifts covering 17:00 - 02:00 local (EET) time intervals.
- Monday through Friday schedule (Hybrid work environment – you will be required to work at least 2 days /week from the office)
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
- You will be part of a great successful global team/company (UK, US, Romania, Australia, New Zealand etc.)
- As a high-growth, compact outfit, your performance is visible to the executive level. We are on the lookout for the high performers that will drive us to our goals
- We look for people with great ideas, which can be implemented and put in place, to improve and speed up our processes not only internally but also for our customers
- 25 annual leave days. Additional vacation of 1 leave day for every 2 complete years of employment (max. up to 5 days)
- Bank Holidays (Public Holidays) during the weekend, are observed on weekdays
- Participation in the company’s bonus scheme – based on company performance and individual performance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Private Pension
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Healthcare
- Meal Tickets
- Telecom allowance
- Newborn allowance
- Christmas and Easter Allowance
- Flexible Benefits Platform
- Employee engagement activities and events
- Learning and training initiatives
- Flexible working schedule
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.