Senior GL Accountant
San Jose, California
Finance – Finance
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
8x8 offers a compelling and rewarding career opportunity for a highly talented, motivated and energetic person to work in our Finance department. The position reports to the Sr. Accounting Manager and has responsibility for the general ledger and other functions of the accounting department as needed. More detailed responsibilities are set forth below.
• Assist with month-end close including, but not limited to, journal entries, accruals, and reconciling general ledger accounts.
• Assist with monthly variance analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts for management review.
• Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues.
• Participating in business transformation projects to streamline and drive financial close processes improvements.
• Assist with managing the monthly/quarterly close process.
• Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits conducted by external auditors.
• Evaluate, monitor and enhance control environment to ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance, including process improvement and control remediation.
• Assist with development and implementation of financial policies and procedures.
• Assist the Sr. Accounting Manager and Chief Accounting Officer on special and other ad hoc projects, as necessary.
• Must have general knowledge of accounting with at least 4+ years of experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong understanding and experience with Netsuite or other top tier financial system.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Knowledge of excel.
• Ability to prioritize projects accordingly and multi-tasking is a must.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Experience in working under tight time pressures.
• Exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley preferred
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.