Regional Tax Manager
Singapore, Singapore (Wavecell)
Wavecell, an 8x8 Company – Finance & Strategy
Wavecell, an 8x8 company, is a Global Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) focusing on SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice to enhance customer experience and business productivity. Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels into their products and applications. We provide cloud-based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly, and we are hiring talents seeing challenges and fun. Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and others. Our ambition is to become the Global leader in Cloud Communications API services. At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative start up environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Regional Tax Manager to be based in our Singapore office and to lead the tax function across APAC. The role will report directly to the Director, Tax in US HQ and it is a team role which will also include supporting Wavecell’s international offices. You will work alongside the Accounting team for APAC tax compliance and reporting matters.
Partnering with the finance executive leadership team and reporting directly to the Director, Tax in US HQ, this rare opportunity will allow the successful candidate to be responsible for managing the full spectrum of the APAC tax operations for the group. Success in this role foremost will rely heavily on your technical understanding of regional corporate and cross border tax issues and the ability to ensure that compliance in tax, transfer pricing, and other relevant statutory reporting requirements are achieved.
As a fully qualified tax professional, you will have a strong knowledge (cultivated at a Big 4 accounting & tax firm or top tier law firm) and understanding of tax accounting, taxation risk and regulatory requirements as well as a commitment to best practice in corporate tax across compliance, advisory and controversy. This is an operational role which requires solid understanding of the tax impact of working across-the-board in all key APAC markets where Wavecell operates.
- Be responsible for the full spectrum of tax related matters for the group across APAC
- Manage all corporate income tax, indirect tax, withholding tax, intercompany and transfer pricing matters including computation and filing of such with appropriate authorities
- Provide business support with best in class tax advice & counsel, managing tax controversies, performing tax modelling and driving strategic planning in optimizing operating models and efficiencies for the Group
- Liaise with local and overseas consultants on local and regional tax matters
- Ensuring administrative tax compliance in all APAC jurisdictions in which Wavecell operates
- Research and implement tax reliefs and tax incentive schemes across group entities in APAC
- Comply with all tax return computation and filings, transfer pricing and tax reporting requirements with the help of external tax agents
- Collaborate with Accounting Accounting team and with external auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Support quarterly financial reporting requirements of the Corporate Finance team
- Implement any Quality Improvement Projects (QIPs) for the finance team as required
- Assist in M&A activities on financial, tax and compliance fronts
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally between 3-5 years of work experience in Tax function at a accounting, tax consulting firm or reputable MNC is preferred
- Subject matter expert in Corporate income tax, Indirect taxes (VAT, WHT, stamp duties etc.), cross border tax planning, M&A Tax and Transfer Pricing is essential
- Hands on experience in jurisdictions like Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Japan, China, Hong Kong and Vietnam is a must
- Prior experience in Telecom or Software industry is preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, audit and tax is essential
- A strong team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required
- Degree in Accounting, Tax and/or Finance
- CPA / CA or SIATP accreditation preferred