Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
San Jose, California
Services & Support – Customer Support
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
8x8 is seeking an experienced Enterprise Technical Support Engineer to assist our enterprise level business customers with our award-winning hosted PBX, VOIP, Contact Center, SIP, and Hosting services. Your computer networking and telecommunications experience, advanced problem-solving skills, and an ability to build strong customer relationships will help 8x8 expand our industry share of hosted unified communications for business customers.
The Enterprise Technical Support Engineer will oversee strategic direction for the delivery of enterprise-level support activities for 8x8 products for assigned and shared customers. This includes handling Tier1 escalations associated with accounts, performing remote phone system configuration, troubleshooting quality of service, as well as connectivity and performance issues. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing trusted relationships with technical personnel and executives to provide a personalized level of customer support.
· Resolve technical issues associated with 8x8’s hosted communications products via phone and e-mail within all levels of escalations
· Maintain trusted relationships with assigned customers to meet all of their technical and account management expectations and needs
· Be a liaison between customers and technical support, product development, sales and field service to identify opportunities for support delivery improvements, cost reduction and value-add to enterprise customers
· Meet or exceed customer satisfaction and productivity metrics
· Occasional travel may be required
· Knowledge and troubleshooting proficiency of Unified Communications, VOIP, and SIP technologies
· Cloud computing technologies and concepts
· Strong knowledge of Network routers, switches, systems and tools
· Experience with using diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, Ping Plotter, and/or MTR preferred
· Contact Center technologies
· 2+ years supporting enterprise level, mission critical network environments
· 2+ years of providing technical support to enterprise level customers
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or comparable industry certifications and experience
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Team player with positive attitude
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.