sr. Software Engineer – Java – Commerce Services
Remote, Canada /
Business Applications – Business Applications /
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
In this role you will be partnering with cross functional teams across 8x8. You will work closely
with our business leaders and other partners to implement new solutions. The Commerce
Services team enables self-service eCommerce at 8x8 via Spring-Boot Java Microservices. We
will tackle decomposing legacy monolithic services into decoupled, event-driven microservices
at scale. Candidates must be able to work independently, understand the needs and build the
The role will consist of both Greenfield and Brownfield projects so you must be comfortable
switching between both. You will get to work on some exciting new technologies but there will
be work bringing our existing services up to date.
Our platform makes extensive use of Spring Boot and Spring Cloud and the stack is primarily
written using Java.
The technology stack is entirely owned by 8x8 which means engineers have exposure to many
facets of architecture.
· The position may be remote, you must be comfortable working autonomously
· Understand, interpret, and clarify functional requirements as well as technical
· requirements for product features
· Work with Product Management and other teams to define software specifications
· Collaborate and contribute to architecture and design decisions driving product
· Lead and mentor new-joiners and less-experienced Engineers
· Support your application all the way to production
· Expertise in Java and Java Enterprise technology applications architecture, design,
· development, and support
· 7+ years experience in designing and developing scalable enterprise level back-end
· Comfortable in multiple other programming languages and paradigms
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science or another highly technical subject where
· programming was a key requirement
· Proven skills and Hands-on programming experience in Java, Spring, multi-threading,
· REST, DB schema design and data access technologies
· Proven experience with Confluent Kafka and Kafka Streams Applications
· Hands-on with architecture, design, development, and deployment of enterprise
· Understand security concepts and build reliable and safe distributed applications
· Solid knowledge of applications performance improvement techniques and caching
· Motivated self-starter, as a Staff Engineer, you’re comfortable leading and directing
· other engineers and you’re comfortable saying no. You don’t need prompting
· Ability to successfully multi-task and support multiple, concurrent projects
· Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
· Experience working in a global environment, across multiple time zones and
· Experience with MSSQL (Microsoft SQL Server) SPROC-based programming
· Exposure to Dell Boomi, Mulesoft or another large integration framework
· Experience with integrations and ability to get up to speed with multiple third-party
· products and their API’s and Environments
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.