Senior Java Software Engineer
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Engineering (CPaaS) /
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer / Technical lead (Java) to join our growing technology team based in Singapore to work on our core Voice platform.
This is an exciting opportunity to become a member of the 8x8 CpaaS Engineering team that is involved in the entire life cycle of development. You will be challenged with tasks related to concurrency, performance optimization and real time processing.
What will you build?
Being part of a global team of software engineers, we are continuously on the lookout for enhancements to our Voice platform. You will be developing state of the art microservices, based on JVM technologies, which interacts not only with other services but also with some industry leading open source software.
How will you do it?
As a software engineer, you’ll be involved in all aspects of development, from the inception to delivery. Be it a completely new feature or an enhancement to a feature that is already being loved by our customers, you and your team will enjoy finding the best technical solution, practicing agile methodologies.
Our Agile Process is continuously improved in order to support our Continuous Delivery mindset and fast evolving business needs.
We are firm believers that Quality relies on healthy engineering practices:
- Well articulated Technical Design;
- API First;
- Great Code, Clean code and clean architecture;
- Extensive and candid Peer Reviews;
- Qualitative and quantitative test coverage as per the Pyramid of Tests;
- Excellent Documentation.
- Code your ideas! Test, review, fix, deploy and celebrate;
- Lead change requests and design discussions, participate in code reviewing and mentoring junior engineers;
- Conduct necessary research on new technologies, evaluate, prototype and plan improvements to the platform;
- Write technical specs for new services and conduct training sessions.
- A computer science degree or equivalent qualifications 6+ years of professional software development experience;
- Strong background in design and implementation of RESTful APIs, reusable software components and scalable microservices and a good understanding of algorithms and data structures;
- Expert knowledge and experience coding in Java, object-oriented programming and design patterns. Think Multi-threaded! Knowledge of concurrency models and best practices;
- Knowledge in asynchronous programming, caching technologies (i.e. Redis), message queues (i.e. RabbitMq, Kafka), Java frameworks like Vertx.io or Akka.io, RDBMS, Docker and Kubernetes;
- Working knowledge of Linux, Git, SQL and CI tools;
- Experienced in agile methodologies;
- Experience working with SIP stack, SIP servers and other VoIP technologies(desired);
- Fluency in English (both in writing and speaking) and great communication skills.
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants;
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality;
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference;
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.