Sr Security and Compliance Engineer
San Jose, California
Sales – Global Sales
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
As the 8x8, Inc. Sr Sales Security and Compliance Engineer you will be responsible for handling customer security and compliance inquiries, direct meetings with customer CIOs, CISOs, Compliance and Risk Officers and various customer security and compliance team members. You will be responsible for providing Security and Compliance technical guidance to 8x8 Sales Teams for customer security and compliance needs analysis, customer RFIs, RFPS and other customer requirements including compliance questionnaires and other requests. In addition to working with 8x8 sales and sale engineers this position will also include supporting our 8x8 US reseller partners. This will also include working with our 8x8 legal team on specific customer contract negotiations. Ideally this position will be at the 8x8 office in San Jose and will include approximately 40% travel.
● Responsible for supporting sales efforts from a security and compliance standpoint directly with customers.
● Responsible for completing security and compliance customer needs analysis.
● Responsible for assisting sales with accurate security and compliance info in their RFI/RFP completion processes.
● Responsible for providing sales with accurate knowledge of 8x8’s FISMA, HIPAA, CPNI, SOX IT, GDPR, CA AB-375 and other compliance standards.
● Responsible for providing security and compliance assurance support to 8x8 Sales, Reseller Partners and our customers. This will include handling customer security and compliance inquiries, direct meetings with customer security and compliance teams and filling our customer compliance questionnaires and other requests.
● Responsible for accurately completing customer questionnaires.
● Responsible for working with our 8x8 legal team on customer contract negotiations.
● At least a University bachelor’s degree in MIS/IT.
● At least 8-10 years direct enterprise level compliance responsibility experience
● At least 8-10 years direct enterprise security experience
● At least 5 years direct sales experience as this is a customer facing sales support function.
● Certifications including at least CISSP, CISM, CISA with other certifications a plus
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Extensive sales experience.
· Extensive experience with US IT SOX compliance, HIPAA, FISMA/NIST 800-53 rev. 4, ISO 27001:2013, SOC II Type II, GDPR and other Data Privacy and other regulatory requirements.
● Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
● Flexible schedule to accommodate 10% travel and working across time zone
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.