San Jose, California
Marketing – Marketing
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
8x8 is looking for a detail-oriented User Experience Designer. Our ideal candidate is an interaction design expert who is as comfortable hashing out big-picture workflow and strategy as they are prototyping detailed visual and interaction execution. You'll work closely with a talented and growing UX/UI team in a fast-paced environment of 8x8 Marketing organization to drive our site experience, envision elegant and seamless workflows, and deliver refined and engaging web interactions. (Please include a link to your online portfolio in your application)
- Work with the UI / UX Design Lead and UI designer to take client project requirements and create user flow diagrams, conceptual wireframes, storyboards, and click-through prototypes to articulate on design direction for 8x8 web site and other customer facing web materials.
- Define information architecture for 8x8 web site to design the most effective application navigational structure.
- Create user interface designs, including page layouts and navigation by leveraging UX design tools, such as Sketch and Zeplin.
- Adhere to 8x8 user experience design standards by following the 8x8 web style guide for all elements, such as buttons, fonts, forms, tables, colors, icons and navigation.
- Review user interface designs with business users to obtain feedback and sign-off.
- Articulate complex ideas, then document them (using appropriately chosen, informed deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, prototypes, site maps, user flow, personas, and scenarios) to drive decisions and reach a shared understanding.
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
- Gather user needs via design research methods.
- Communicate learnings and requirements to business stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
- Create user tasks and conduct usability tests to evaluate concept directions.
- Effectively communicate design decisions to colleagues, cross-functional team members, and management.
- Collaborate with your peers, cross-functional teams that include Marketing Managers, Business Analysts, and Engineers to gain insight into project goals and feasibility
- 3-7 years of experience designing world-class web sites with a strong portfolio of design work
- Proficiency with leading design software such as Sketch, Invision and/or Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of web design and applications design standards
- Excellent communication skills to be able to present and evangelizing designs to cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s or master’s in graphic design, HCI, UX, or another related area of study
- Experience working in an agile design/development team
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.