London, United Kingdom
Legal – Legal
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Employment Type: Full Time Permanent Position
Open Date: 27th March 2019
Close Date: 24th April 2019
About the Role:
· We have an excellent opportunity for a legal counsel of c.2-4 years’ PQE experience to join our busy and growing in-house legal department during an expansion period of the business, both in the UK and internationally. We are looking for a sales-focused, enthusiastic individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
· The role will provide day-to-day legal support to the business on a mixture of legal disciplines, primarily commercial and corporate. The candidate must be willing to work in a variety of disciplines as well as being comfortable working with minimal supervision.
· The candidate must have experience working in a sales-orientated environment – preferably SaaS – as well as experience drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements for various transactions and values.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Develop a deep understanding of 8x8’s business and services and the applicable regulatory requirements and regimes that apply to it.
· Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including commercial software subscription agreements, amendments, service level/support agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
· Provide legal assistance as and where required to meet business need.
· Assist the General Counsel, Europe, the DPO and the global legal function generally in developing, rolling out and improving internal legal processes to help comply with regulatory requirements, best practices and industry standards applicable to 8x8’s products, services and operations (such as GDPR and other privacy matters).
· Demonstrate attention to detail and provide timely legal support in an incredibly fast-paced, sales-orientated environment.
· Maintain a high level of professionalism and business judgment with minimal supervision.
· Solid academic background
· Qualified in a UK jurisdiction with significant post-qualification experience within in a technology sales-orientated in-house team, or within a private practice team with expertise in TMT.
· Excellent drafting skills.
· Good communication skills, articulate, confident, emotionally intelligent and able to relate to and advise employees at all levels within the business.
· Ability to quickly build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships, both externally and internally.
· Be able to work successfully across various time zones.
· Highly motivated, strategic, detail-oriented individual with a high level of business acumen and the ability to pro-actively organise a heavy workload with minimal supervision.
· An accomplished generalist with sufficient IP/Commercial/Corporate experience.
· Additional language skills would be a bonus.
· Experience within the telecommunications industry beneficial but not essential.
· You will be part of a great successful global team/company (UK, US, Romania, Australia, New Zealand etc.).
· Induction (FastStart) conducted in our Cluj (Romania) or San Jose (US) offices
· Company events (Summer party, Christmas party)
· As a high-growth, compact-outfit, your performance is visible to executive level. We are on the lookout for the high-performers that will drive us to our goals.
· We look for people with great ideas, which can be implemented and put in place, to improve and speed up our processes. We do listen and make things happen!
Salary & Employee Benefits
· In-house and external training
· We offer competitive salary
Exceptional Employee Benefits:
· Private Healthcare (family cover)
· Pension scheme
· Life Assurance (4x your annual salary)
· Income protection
· 25 days annual leave
· Childcare vouchers
· ESPP and many more
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word Legal Counsel in the subject heading. We will contact you within 2 weeks if you have been shortlisted
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.