Level 2 Systems Support Engineer
Jakarta, Indonesia (Wavecell)
Wavecell, an 8x8 Company – Operations
Wavecell, an 8x8 company, is a Global Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) focusing on SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice to enhance customer experience and business productivity. Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels into their products and applications. We provide cloud-based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly, and we are hiring talents seeing challenges and fun. Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and others. Our ambition is to become the Global leader in Cloud Communications API services. At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative start up environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
We are looking for a Level 2 Systems Support Engineer to reinforce the front line operations of our real-time communication services. Reporting directly to the Head of Customer Support & Operations, you will be the go-to person for escalations from the support team. Responsible for more complex technical issues you will play a key role in ensuring high quality and availability of Wavecell’s Cloud Platform and Services.
● First point of escalation for any technical issues coming from Level 1 service desk.
● Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product and Sales to resolve more complex technical escalations and issues.
● Report on incidents relating to quality of service and platform availability to the relevant internal teams and customers proactively.
● React to system and platform alerts, taking a lead on all monitoring tools and escalations to the relevant Engineering teams.
● Coordinate platform updates, changes and maintenance with internal teams, customers and third parties.
● Follow, create, document and improve all processes or SOPs relating to all Operations Level 1 and Level 2 duties.
● Provide additional support to any level 1 tasks as and when required.
● Work on any other longer running, investigative issues that may arise from Engineering or Operations requests.
● Act as a mentor and provide guidance to junior team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
● More than 2 years’ experience in Operations and Support position.
● Linux/Unix server knowledge and experience.
● Some understanding of programming or scripting languages.
● Knowledge and experience in DevOps monitoring tools such as Zabbix, AWS CloudWatch.
● Working knowledge of SQL queries.
● SMS technology, HTTP, API, SMPP and telco exposure.
● Ability to work under pressure and make real time decisions.
● Excellent judgment to prioritize customer issues based on their urgency and severity.
● The ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation.
· A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience
· Written and verbal fluency in English is required.
· Any technical qualifications or equivalent experience in Linux, Windows Server, SQL is highly desirable.
At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative working environment. Being a part of our team means that you contribute to shape how the businesses and consumers communicate through next generation technology advancements within the cloud communications industry. We believe in the power of teamwork and to also entrust core responsibilities to each and every employee to drive success for the company. We look forward to having motivated and driven individuals to journey with us to grow our global,
fully-unified cloud communications platform.