Vice President of Sales Enablement
San Jose, California
Sales – Sales Operations
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Vice President of Sales Enablement
8x8 is looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking Vice President of Enablement to play a key role in designing, developing, and delivering global enablement programs across both our direct and indirect routes-to-market. Reporting to the Worldwide VP of Sales Operations, successful individuals will have global experience in leading a team that is responsible for the overall success and efficacy of program development, program design, training, and delivery.
The Vice President of Sales Enablement, along with his/her partners in marketing and our channels organization, will also be responsible for the development and dissemination of selling tools (e.g. sales playbooks, value actualization tools) and assets to drive productivity.
The position requires a thorough understanding of the business-to-business sales cycle plus an ability to use that knowledge to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness. This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is self-motivated and creative to design and optimize a forward-thinking program. This role is critical to our organization, driving the development of talent across our direct and indirect sellers – our most important assets.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Designing, delivering, and continuously improving the Sales Training (including pre-sales) Program/Certification to support corporate and sales strategies and objectives for the company's new and existing sales professionals
· Designing, helping deliver, and continuously improving the Channel Training Program/Certification to support channel sales strategies and objectives
· Oversee seller onboarding (including technical platform training)
· Collaborate with existing subject matter experts on current and upcoming products in order to contribute to the design and maintenance of current training
· Catalog gaps in content assets. Create/Influence creation-of key assets
· Provide thought leadership and best practices for sales teams to best utilize social media
· Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of the training program
· Partner with the Sales team as a mentor/coach to improve sales acumen - sourcing methodology, cold calling techniques/best practices, closing, account/pipeline management, etc
· Work with first-line managers to assess sales reps and determine ongoing development needs
· Manage vendor relationships with enablement technology providers
· Ensure sales is prepared to effectively sell against the competition; including the development of comprehensive Win/Loss program/process
· Stay informed on cutting-edge tools and technology that may be leveraged to improve sales productivity
· Influence key sales events including Annual Sales Kick Off and Sales Leadership events
· Field ad hoc content and support requests from sales team
· Determine content adoption metrics and define sales enablement best practices
· Lead and develop a team of global enablement professionals
· 8 to10 years of WW experience in sales development, management and/or sales enablement
· In-depth understanding of the sales process and best practices in strategy development and execution
· Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills required
· Excellent time management skills. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines and manage the expectations of all stakeholders
· Proven success as mentor/coach to young sales professionals
· Proficient with G-Suite and Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
· Ability to analyze and act on various forms of business intelligence
· Contact Center Software, UCaaS Software Solutions experience a plus.
· Critical thinking and change management within dynamic organizations skills
· Ability to work within a fast-paced, high-growth work environment. BS/BA required
San Francisco Bay Area (San Jose)
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.