Full Stack Engineer
Cebu, Philippines (Wavecell)
Wavecell, an 8x8 Company – Engineering
Wavecell, an 8x8 company, is a Global Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) focusing on SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice to enhance customer experience and business productivity. Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels into their products and applications. We provide cloud-based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly, and we are hiring talents seeing challenges and fun. Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and others. Our ambition is to become the Global leader in Cloud Communications API services. At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative start up environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
We are looking for talented Full-stack engineers to take part in the challenging work of building new SaaS-portals. You will be part of the Engineering team, developing the real-time communication services of the future. We are looking for someone who can code but also bring significant value on the architectural decisions to ensure the development of modern, high performance, reliable and scalable services.
· To develop modern public and internal web interfaces
· To develop new APIs and backend microservices
· To write unit tests (because we love it)
· To investigate and develop skills in new technologies
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Ideally with at least 4 years of professional web application development experience, working on user-facing systems and building scalable, highly available services
· 2+ years of experience in Node.js
· Working knowledge with relational databases and Redis
· Experience using and creating REST-based APIs
· Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· A great team player with excellent communication skills
· Able to work on own initiative in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Written and verbal fluency in English is required
At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative working environment. Being a part of our team means that you contribute to shape how the businesses and consumers communicate through next generation technology advancements within the cloud communications industry. We believe in the power of teamwork and to also entrust core responsibilities to each and every employee to drive success for the company. We look forward to having motivated and driven individuals to journey with us to grow our global,
fully-unified cloud communications platform.