Enterprise Technical Support Engineer
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Services & Support – Customer Support
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
You will be responsible for strategic direction for the delivery of enterprise-level support activities for 8x8 products for assigned and shared customers. The focus will be primarily on providing support to a UK government agency in the first instance. Includes handling Tier One escalations associated with accounts, performing remote phone system configuration, troubleshooting quality of service, as well as connectivity and performance issues. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing trusted relationships with technical personnel and executives to provide a personalized level of customer support.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and resolving technical issues associated with 8x8’s hosted communications products via phone, case management system and e-mail
- Carry out screen-sharing to help customers get set up and operational
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with customers, ensuring that all technical and account management expectations and needs are met
- Be a liaison between customers and 8x8 internal teams, working closely with Customer Success Managers
- Identify opportunities for support delivery improvements, cost reduction and value-add
- Meet or exceed customer satisfaction and productivity metrics.
- Reporting on customer activity
- Empower customers by promoting Knowledge base and self service
- Capture, structure, reuse, and improve knowledge articles within the case resolution workflow according to Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) methodology
- Occasional travel may be required
- Ability to build and maintain relations for both internal and external stakeholders
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to think on your feet
- Knowledge and troubleshooting proficiency of:
- Unified Communications technologies (VoIP, SIP, RTP);
- Cloud computing technologies and concepts
- LAN & WAN technologies (Routing & Switching; Internet access connectivity types)
- Contact Centre technologies
- Experience of handling high pressure situations
- Working to deadlines
- Adherence to processes and procedures.
- Achieving defined KPI targets
- Team player with positive attitude
- Experience supporting enterprise level, mission critical network environments
- Experience of providing technical support to enterprise level customers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience of managing tasks using a ticketing management system
- Knowledge Base management: Creating/updating articles, Knowledge sharing / mentoring
Schedule: 2 Shifts
- Shift 1: Monday- Friday 9am - 5:30 PM (weekends off);
- Shift 2: Tuesday-Friday 9am- 5:30pm and Saturday 8am - 2pm (Sunday and Monday off)
Engineers will alternate between these shifts on a week by week basis to accommodate the needs of our customers.
- You will be part of a great successful global team/company (UK, US, Romania, Australia, New Zealand etc.).
- We offer competitive salary
- Exceptional Employee Benefits including great pension scheme, ESPP, holiday, private healthcare etc.
- Induction (FastStart) conducted in our Cluj (Romania) or San Jose (US) offices
- Company events (Summer party, Christmas party)
- As a high-growth, compact-outfit, your performance is visible to executive level. We are on the lookout for the high-performers that will drive us to our goals.
- We look for people with great ideas, which can be implemented and put in place, to improve and speed up our processes. We do listen and make things happen!
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.