Singapore, Singapore (Wavecell)
Wavecell, an 8x8 Company – Engineering
Wavecell, an 8x8 company, is a Global Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) focusing on SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice to enhance customer experience and business productivity. Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels into their products and applications. We provide cloud-based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly, and we are hiring talents seeing challenges and fun. Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and others. Our ambition is to become the Global leader in Cloud Communications API services. At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative start up environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
We are looking for an experienced Database Developer to increase the quality and performance of our backend platforms. As a Database Developer, you will be part of the Engineering team where you will be responsible for our company’s key databases.
This role will be based in our Singapore office.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who can not only code but also bring significant value on the architectural decisions to ensure the development of reliable and high-quality services.
● Work as part of engineering team to create efficient, flexible and scalable databases
● Design and deploy data table structures, dictionaries, reports and queries
● Develop and maintain stored procedures, views and functions
● Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions
● Troubleshoot database related issues in a timely fashion
● Develop best practices for database design and development activities
● Ensure data quality and integrity in databases
● Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements
● Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs
Desired Skills and Experience
● 5 or more years of database development experience is required
● Experience in MS SQL Server and SQL server administration is required
● Solid understanding of relational database modeling concepts
● Proficient in TSQL performance tuning techniques
● Data warehousing experience is preferred
● Development work utilizing SQL Server 2016 TSQL enhancements is a plus
● Strong sense of responsibility, initiative and commitment
● Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment
● A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Resourceful with ability to work independently and cope with pressure
● Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
● Written and verbal fluency in English is required
At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative working environment. Being a part of our team means that you contribute to shape how the businesses and consumers communicate through next generation technology advancements within the cloud communications industry. We believe in the power of teamwork and to also entrust core responsibilities to each and every employee to drive success for the company. We look forward to having motivated and driven individuals to journey with us to grow our global,
fully-unified cloud communications platform.