Sales Manager - UK /Northern Europe - CPaaS
London, United Kingdom (Wavecell)
Wavecell, an 8x8 Company – Sales & BD
Wavecell, an 8x8 company, is a Global Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) focusing on SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice to enhance customer experience and business productivity. Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels into their products and applications. We provide cloud-based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly, and we are hiring talents seeing challenges and fun. Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and others. Our ambition is to become the Global leader in Cloud Communications API services. At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative start up environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
If you love talking about tech, believe in the power of customer experience and want to contribute to the growth of a global fast-paced B2B tech company, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a UK based Sales Manager to join the newly formed Wavecell/8x8 CPaaS business unit. This role will be expected to manage and hire a small team to drive revenue growth through new customer acquisition. Wavecell, an 8x8 company, is a Global Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS), focusing on SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice to enhance customer experience and business productivity. This role will be focused on the UK, Eire and Northern European markets and will be reporting to the EMEA VP Sales 8x8 – CPaaS.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive track record of successful sales with a focus on new business development plus experience managing a small B2B technology sales team. Experience and knowledge of B2B technology start-ups, especially cloud communications and SaaS-based companies is an advantage. You will serve as a Sales Manager with responsibility for building a robust pipeline for yourself and your team and delivering on quarterly and annual revenue targets. You will need to work with your team and build your own prospect pipeline, sign contracts, generate and increase revenue and upsell or cross-sell our products and services to the existing 8x8 UK and Eire client base.
You will coordinate closely with the EMEA VP Sales 8x8 – CPaaS and the 8x8 marketing team, CPaaS product, engineering and customer service teams to ensure that 8x8’s CPaaS products are aligned with feedback from the market. You will be expected to attend major industry events in EMEA and serve as a key representative for the company at these events.
- Be responsible and accountable for the generation of your team’s new business sales pipeline
- Consistently achieve or exceed your own and the company’s sales plan targets
- Work with the existing 8x8 sales teams in UK, Eire and Northern Europe to explore CPaaS opportunities within existing client bases and channels
- Maintain and develop strong customer relationships ensuring consistent customer renewals and upsells whilst being sensitive to customer needs
- Connect prospects and customers business objectives to our solutions
- Manage and collaborate through complex sales cycles, orchestrating internal teams of pre-sales, bid management, inside sales, marketing and sales support
- Effectively qualify leads and perform needs assessment, engaging technical resources as required
- Provide accurate, reliable reports and forecasts for yourself and your team helping the company manage its growth with confidence
- Develop sales strategies with partners, pre-sales and marketing relevant to your target customers
- Be consultative, establish yourself as a Trusted Advisor to prospects and customers
- Be a coach, manage and develop your team in line with theirs and the company’s goals
- Provide feedback and ideas to product and marketing on how the company can do more to support the CPaaS business
Skills and Experience
- Experience and track record selling and managing sales teams in a B2B technology business developing and winning new business
- Track record of success in technology related sales with a history of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Proven history of new-business sales
- Extensive experience selling SaaS based solutions
- Ability to take initiative and produce results
- Experience of working for a technology vendor selling CPaaS or UCaaS solutions is an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of the UK, Eire and Northern European marketplace particularly in relation to CPaaS services advantageous
- Consultative selling approach, adaptable and creative with outstanding communications skills
- Persuasive and resourceful
Why join us
At 8x8, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative working environment. Being a part of our team means that you contribute to shape how the businesses and consumers communicate through next generation technology advancements within the cloud communications industry. We believe in the power of teamwork and to also entrust core responsibilities to each and every employee to drive success for the company. We look forward to having motivated and driven individuals to journey with us to grow our global, fully unified cloud communications platform.
Working at 8x8
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology