Business Systems Intern
Campbell, California, United States /
Engineering – R&D /
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
During this internship you will be working with the QE team. You will be working as part of our business applications team, helping to enable our sales team with the right tools to win vs our competitors. Previous experience with Java or other object oriented programming languages is a major plus.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program at an accredited university or credentialed software accelerator program.
- Degree focused in Computer Science, or other relevant STEM majors.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts and at least one programming language• Minimum cumulative or in-major 3.0/4.0 GPA.
- Must commit to working full time (40 hrs/wk) during the internship.
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in software, IT or relevant area.•
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
- A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for both software and information technology.
- Java development experience in an academic, professional, or other project setting
- Strong analytical and technical skills with experience in software industry standards and development tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and proactive learning.
- Prior exposure to tools like JIRA, Git, Cucumber, TestNG, Selenium will be influential
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.