Customer Support Engineer - Enterprise
Services & Support – Customer Support
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
First line support to the company’s US based end customers. This is a great opportunity for a driven individual to learn a lot within an tech growing company, use and improve their current level of skill and experience in a Technical Support environment. This will be accomplished by providing a differentiated, world-class customer experience and top level technical support for our product by ensuring quick and professional first-level troubleshooting to the end-users.
You must have a passion for solving problems and helping out customers. You must be able to quickly get to the root of customer problems by gathering all the necessary information, investigation and either resolve the customer’s issue or redirect/escalate to the correct tier within the organization. Customer experience is key and therefore being able to work to SLA's and keeping departmental and personal KPI's in mind is imperative.
- Answer support queries via phone
- Log customer requests and incidents
- Diagnose and rectify technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria and where possible resolving at first call
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems following criteria for first line fix
- Carry out screen-sharing to help customers get set up and operational
- Provide support to our growing 8x8 client base
- Empowering customers by promoting Knowledge base and self service
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles working alongside internal teams
- Escalate cases and/or calls with internal teams where required, ensuring communication back to the customer within 8x8 agreed SLA’s
- Capture, structure, reuse, and improve knowledge articles within the case resolution workflow according to Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) methodology
Skills & Experience required
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to multitask
- Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills, customising your interaction to the individual customer personalities and contexts
- Enthusiastic and a great attitude towards learning
- Able to work with non-technical customers and technical customers alike
- Able to adhere to targets (SLA’s)
- Previous experience with Salesforce Service Cloud or similar CRM systems, Knowledge Base systems, and Customer portals for case management are a plus
- Basic understanding of VoIP technologies, networking and telecommunications, IP telephony
- A high standard of written and spoken English and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills
- 1+ year of experience in Customer Support / Service Desk roles is a plus
- Knowledge of KCS methodology is a plus
- Rotating night-shift schedule to cover US continental working hours. Shifts covering 15:00-04:00 local (EET) time interval.
- Excellent financial and employee benefits package: night shift bonus, KPI performance driven bonus, commute to/from work, company dinner
- Part of a challenging, fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- Multiple career paths and professional development opportunities
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.