AR and Collection Analyst
Finance – Finance
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
As we continue to strengthen our infrastructure, the AR and Collection Analyst must possess the
knowledge, skills and ability to manage a varied accounts receivable portfolio. Responsibilities include
collecting customer outstanding receivable balances by enforcing terms of sale; timely analysis and
making decisions for resolution of over/short payments and deductions/claims; reviewing and taking
action on orders; responding to internal and external customer inquiries; creating internal reports and
analysis using excel; ability to adhere to new requirements; must be excel savvy; ability to perform other
tasks and special projects, if needed. The AR and Collection Analyst must be self-reliant and make
independent decisions exercising good judgment. This position interacts with all levels of management
internally and externally to minimize risk and improve profitability and the collections cycle. They serve as
the main point of contact in identifying and resolving issues that impact receivables.
- Independently plan, analyze and carry out collection of past due accounts.
- Conduct timely research, analysis and decision making for resolution of deductions and disputed items, short/over-payments.
- Reconcile accounts in timely manner; analysis of transactions and initiate credits and adjustments to accounts, as well as accurate clearing requests of corresponding credits and debits.
- Monitor and identify delinquent accounts, contacting all past dues and minimizing aged receivables.
- Identify and resolve issues that impede invoicing, collections and deduction resolution. Includes initiating and driving cross functional resolutions.
- Initiate and maintain complete, accurate and updated records of contacts, collection activities and account reconciliations.
- Active participation with driving results to meet individual, team and department objectives.
- Responsible for reaching out to customers, or internal departments to collect payment for overdue invoices and to solve customer disputes, by making outbound and receiving inbound calls and by email.
- Ongoing process improvement focus, making recommendations and participating in implementation initiatives to improve department efficiency.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers and other functional groups at all levels including executive decision makers.
- Keep management apprised of unusual or non-standard issues and escalate when appropriate.
- Weekly / monthly reporting of collections and dispute management.
- Provide data for monthly performance reporting and participates in AR review meetings.
- Other tasks/projects as needed.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- BA/BS in related discipline highly preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years high volume collections and deductions experience.
- Netsuite and Sales Force experience is highly desired.
- Positive and energized work attitude, strong work ethic and eager to learn and grow in a fluid and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in a very ambiguous and growing environment.
- Attention to detail without losing focus of the “big picture”.
- Problem solving and negotiation skills preferred and proven ability to own small, medium and complex portfolios.
- Communication skills: require strong business writing skills and the ability to effectively articulate with discussions, proposals and negotiations in a persuasive manner, by phone, by email and by voice mail.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work well independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to type 50 + words per minute and have “intermediate,” excel knowledge including pivot tables, vlookups etc.
- Experience in Telecom industry preferred.
- Working Hours: 2 days per week : 10 am – 7 pm (as per manager’s weekly planning)
- Flexible working schedule: 3 days per week
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.