VP Enterprise Sales - CPaaS
Campbell, California, United States (Wavecell)
Wavecell, an 8x8 Company – Sales & BD
Wavecell, an 8x8 company, is a Global Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) focusing on SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice to enhance customer experience and business productivity. Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels into their products and applications. We provide cloud-based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly, and we are hiring talents seeing challenges and fun. Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and others. Our ambition is to become the Global leader in Cloud Communications API services. At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative start up environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
About the role
Wavecell, an 8x8 company is looking for a strong CPaaS VP to grow our expanding division.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience in building and leading a sales organization, primarily in a B2B technology start-up, especially a cloud communications or SaaS-based company. The candidate must have a background working in the CPaaS industry, and no less than 5 years selling CPaaS products to enterprises.
You will serve as a sales lead for the company, with responsibility for building a robust pipeline and delivering on quarterly and annual revenue targets. You will need to develop the sales strategy in the US to establish our CPaaS business, build, train, and scale an Enterprise Sales team, identify, qualify leads, sign contracts, generate and increase revenue, upsell or cross-sell our products and services.
You will coordinate closely with 8x8 marketing team, CPaaS product, engineering and customer service teams to ensure that 8x8’s CPaaS products are aligned with feedback from the market.
You will manage 8x8 CPaaS’s presence at major industry events in the US and serve as key representative for the company at these events.
- Own sales and be responsible for managing (recruiting/retaining and developing) the sales team, while instilling a strong culture of KPI’s, metrics and scalable sales methodology
- Consistently achieve or exceed the company’s sales plan targets
- Develop and execute the sales strategy to drive contracts and revenue
- Own customer renewals and upsells
- Improve sales process and incorporate more of a scalable machine, which includes outbound and cross-sell/up-sell efforts and processes
- Provide accurate, reliable reports and forecasts to help the company manage its growth with confidence
- Develop and implement training and professional development programs to drive consistently high performance across the entire sales organization
- Build adequate compensation plans to maximize productivity of the sales team and support company goals
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to reduce the cost of customer acquisition and increase the lifetime value of customers
- Contribute to building a “best place to work” and a winning culture that attracts and retains the best and the brightest
- Serve as a key member of the CPaaS’ leadership team to help shape the company’s strategy and business plan, and ensure all functional areas are in alignment
- 10+ years of process and data driven experience in technology related sales
- 5+ years of sales management experience working for a technology vendor selling CPaaS solutions
- Must have CPaaS sales experience and comfortable with being an individual contributor as the division grows
- History of generating positive growth within early stage companies sales teams ($5-$50M ARR)
- Must have hired and scaled a sales team in prior roles
- Demonstrated ability and inclination to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and fast-moving culture
- Proven leader and motivator, entrepreneurial, player/coach mentality, unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done
- Results oriented and driven to succeed with the ability to attract individuals with similar characteristics
At 8x8, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative working environment. Being a part of our team means that you contribute to shape how the businesses and consumers communicate through next generation technology advancements within the cloud communications industry. We believe in the power of teamwork and to also entrust core responsibilities to each and every employee to drive success for the company. We look forward to having motivated and driven individuals to journey with us to grow our global, fully unified cloud communications platform.