C# Software Engineer
Singapore, Singapore /
Engineering – Engineering (CPaaS) /
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Opportunity and Challenge
We are looking for a Software Engineer (C# .NET) to take part in the development of our global messaging platform.
You will be part of the Engineering team, responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our core platform. We are looking for someone who can code but also bring significant experience to the architectural decisions to ensure the development of high-performance, reliable, globally distributed, and scalable services.
Our ideal candidate is a professional with hands-on experience with high-throughput, scalable, distributed systems in production, who can demonstrate excellent organization, strong problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
The day-to-day activities:
- You'll be the technical owner of the product you build: from collaborating on requirements with the Product team to system design, development, deployment, monitoring, and answering questions;
- Optimize and constantly improve the performance of the platform;
- Ensure the highest quality with unit tests;
- Participate in integration test design;
- Perform code reviews.
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience;
- Expert knowledge of .NET Core and C#;
- Strong understanding of RESTful web services and microservices architecture;
- Proficiency in multi-threaded application development and async programming;
- Working experience with SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Experience with software engineering best practices (unit testing, integration testing, CI/CD);
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required.
Bonus points for
- Working knowledge of RabbitMQ, Kafka, or any other queue engine;
- Hands-on experience in a high-throughput, mission-critical production service environment;
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, and Istio (or any other service mesh) in production.
If you're on the lookout for a new opportunity that offers responsibilities in all areas of software engineering, feel free to get in touch with us!
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.