Director of Engineering (Software Development)
Engineering – R&D
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
At 8x8 we have a growing crew of smart, motivated, and talented software engineers working in small development teams. They are moving fast and independently, developing within a wide range of open source technologies, React/Redux, Java, C, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Chef and more.
We go to market with multiple products that share a common platform. We approach software development in a distributed and decentralized way, and we believe strongly in hiring driven engineers and letting them run fast. This, in turn, fosters innovation and productivity.
In this role you will be trusted to lead a team of Engineering Managers and their respective teams, who are at the core of our Configuration Manager and Small Business Admin product. It will be under your ownership to push for and drive the most appropriate application engineering strategies, services, organizational capabilities, and technological solutions.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead the development of Configuration Manager core technology and function
- Own the engineering roadmap for your teams and work closely with the PM and Ops to keep it up to date
- Develop new capabilities and services that are used by web/desktop/mobile customers
- Be responsible with hiring, retaining and mentoring talent
- Champion all non-functional requirements of your applications – quality, high availability, scalability, fault tolerance etc.
- Collaborate with Production Operations on rollouts, updates, and incident resolution
- Ensure your applications exceed expectations for performance, reliability, availability, and security
- Identify and drive efficiencies which increase engineering velocity
- Drive adoption of development processes and methodologies aligned with corporate strategy
- Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation
- Experience developing, delivering, and supporting products in highly scalable, high velocity SaaS environments
- SaaS expertise (both in AWS and data centers), preferably a large scale application with more than 100K users 4+ years of experience in a leadership role managing 8+ engineers
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience coordinating with remote teams
- Ability to deliver - doing over talking at all costs
Bonus Points for
- Experience with microservices at scale
- Expertise with telephony, call centers or communications
This is a great opportunity if you are ready to take on a key position in a fast-paced environment and bring your contribution to the development of a unique suite of cloud-based enterprise applications.
Make it happen! Send us your resume and be ready to take this challenge face on!
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.