Technical Support Engineer
Cebu, Philippines (Wavecell)
Wavecell, an 8x8 Company – Operations
Wavecell, an 8x8 company, is a Global Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) focusing on SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice to enhance customer experience and business productivity. Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels into their products and applications. We provide cloud-based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly, and we are hiring talents seeing challenges and fun. Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and others. Our ambition is to become the Global leader in Cloud Communications API services. At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative start up environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to take part in the daily operations of our communications platform.
You will be part of the Customer Support & Operations team, responsible for the technical support and monitoring of our real-time, cloud-based infrastructure.
This role sits in Cebu, Philippines, and reports to the team lead of CSO.
Our ideal candidate will have a professional technical support background or come from similar systems administration, NOC or operations roles.
You will become part of our 24/7 shift schedule to ensure around the clock, first-class technical support for our customers.
- Provide reactive and pro-active customer support to ensure the best quality of service.
- Address customer service desk queries rapidly and collaborates with our technical teams on more complex queries.
- Monitor, resolve and escalate cloud infrastructure-related issues.
- Interact with our customers’ and partners’ developers and support teams to resolve service delivery problems.
- Complete technical integrations for customers and partners.
- Perform daily checks, troubleshooting, and testing to ensure full availability or our APIs and services.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Sales and Procurement teams to improve products and processes.
Desired Skills and experience
- A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- 1-5 years of experience in professional technical support, systems administration, NOC or Operations role.
- Experience working in a changing and fast-paced startup environment.
- Familiar with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) related issues.
- Excellent judgment to prioritize customer issues based on their urgency and severity.
- The ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation.
- Fluency in English – written and verbal
- Fluency in other Asian languages (e.g. Bahasa Indonesia, Vietnamese, Chinese or Thai etc.) is advantageous.
- A great team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & multitasking skills.
- Work on own initiative in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment.
- Working knowledge of Linux / UNIX system administration.
- Competent with SQL.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure and SAAS or CPaaS technologies.
- SMS technology, APIs, SMPP, SS7, SIP and understanding of Telecom
At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative working environment. Being a part of our team means that you contribute to shape how the businesses and consumers communicate through next generation technology advancements within the cloud communications industry. We believe in the power of teamwork and to also entrust core responsibilities to each and every employee to drive success for the company. We look forward to having motivated and driven individuals to journey with us to grow our global,
fully-unified cloud communications platform.