Product Manager - Voice
Singapore, Singapore (Wavecell)
Wavecell, an 8x8 Company – Product
Wavecell, an 8x8 company, is a Global Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) focusing on SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice to enhance customer experience and business productivity. Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels into their products and applications. We provide cloud-based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly, and we are hiring talents seeing challenges and fun. Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and others. Our ambition is to become the Global leader in Cloud Communications API services. At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative start up environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
We are looking for a Product Manager for our CPaaS voice products (Programmable voice over PSTN and VoIP) to join our product team. In this role, you will define the vision and strategy for your portfolio of voice API and SDK. In coordination with the engineering team, you will produce product requirements and coordinate voice product developments. You will be the subject-expert for the sales teams, providing training, helping them to understand their customer needs and assisting with product discussions.
- End-to-end ownership of the roadmap for the voice products (prioritisation, planning, specifications, development coordination, testing, training, go-to-market);
- Devise and maintain the company voice product strategic plan (marketing, positioning, market landscape, use-cases, innovation, etc..);
- Own, measure and reports on the business, quality and usage metrics of your product portfolio;
- Collaborate with carriers relations and operations teams to build and optimise the voice connectivity network and quality;
- Engage with internal and external customer groups to gather feedbacks, explore usage and integrate gathered insights in the roadmap;
- Aid sales and finance team in defining pricing and implementing billing processes for existing and upcoming products.
- Engineering/Computer-Science degree, MBA an asset;
- Minimum 6 years of Product Management experience for a software company;
- Minimum 3 years working with voice products either within a telecommunications company or SaaS business (UCaaS, CPaaS, IP Telephony);
- Experience using or building API / SDK products marketed to a developer/enterprise audience;
- Experience working in software development following Agile methodologies;
- Understanding of voice protocols, networks and encoding: REST, SIP, PSTN, VoIP, WebRTC
- Successful experience shipping products in a fast-paced environment (Startup, technology company);
- Entrepreneurial, quick-thinker able to understand technical problems and plan solutions;
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability;
- Ability to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind product decisions;
- Highly analytical and at ease with influencing others through facts, insights and great presentation abilities;
- Excellent English communication skills and capacity to create quality technical and commercial content.