Customer Support-Tier 1 Application Support
London, United Kingdom
Services & Support – Customer Support
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Job Title: Customer Support - Tier 1 Application Support
Location: Aldgate East, London
General company information:
· 8x8, Inc. (NYSE: EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact centre and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
What are we looking for?
· An essential requirement is an inquisitive mind and an enjoyment of problem solving. We are looking for curiosity coupled with a desire to make a difference.
· We are not looking for people who always have the right answers but instead, those who are willing to find a solution or ask for help if they don’t know the answer. Those who will not take no for an answer and are willing to stand up and be counted.
· This is not a standard customer Support role as there is a much more than usual technical bias. You will also be able to prioritise ever changing targets and finish what you start.
· You must have either a degree or other qualification in a computing related field or be able to evidence an active interest in technology/computing on a personal basis. If you are someone who tinkers and tests and plays around with things, then we would like to talk to you.
About the Role:
· You will be the first point of contact for our customers and will answer all incoming requests for help via, phone, web chat and emails, details of which you will log on the ticketing system. You will decide on the most effective way to manage each request and will ensure that customers are updated regularly via email or phone until their issue/query is resolved.
· This is an interesting and varied role in a company that has massive Global growth visions and for some it is a perfect stepping stone into cloud-based technologies which are fast replacing the older technologies. As this is an application Support role you will be interested and be able to easily pick up how our products work and then be able to help customers with issues and configuration requirements. The best bit will be trouble-shooting with them and getting stuck into some challenging problems that you help them to resolve
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Responding to customer queries via phone, email and ticketing system.
· Regularly communicating with customers and internal departments regarding status of tickets and updating tickets accordingly. Liaising with colleagues and third parties to gather information and resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Trouble-shooting problems for first time resolution of issues, wherever possible.
· Identify and escalate priority issues to supervisor.
· Carrying out screen-sharing to help customers get set up and operational.
· Ensuring that the technical escalation processes to 2nd line support is followed.
· Maintaining the accuracy and completeness of all recorded data.
· Ensuring compliance with external regulations and internal policies and procedures.
· Knowledge Base management: Creating/updating articles & Knowledge sharing / mentoring
· Effectively building and managing relationships with customers both internally (e.g. Sales) and externally (re-sellers and end users).
· Be aware of and adhere to current policies and procedures relating to health and safety.
· Act as an ambassador for the Company.
· Any other related duties as required.
37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday on a 2-3-week rota covering 8:00am to 4:30pm, 9:00am to 5:30pm or 10:30am to 7:00pm
In-house and external training
Generous Benefits Package including
· Private Healthcare (Family cover)
· Life Assurance (4x your annual salary)
· Income Protection
· 25 days annual leave
· Childcare Vouchers
· Potential career growth within an expanding Company
Is competitive and available upon request
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.