Remote, Portugal /
Engineering – Development /
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
8x8 Contact Center is a complete Cloud contact center SaaS solution that makes it easy to connect and collaborate with agents, employees, and customers.
It combines world-class omnichannel interactions capabilities, workforce engagement, quality management, outbound dialing, CRM (embedded and external integrations) and many other capabilities.
8x8 Contact Center is fast growing and already serves thousands of Customers spread across all over the globe.
Check us out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XElv839Lc9c&t=5s
Tools and technologies used: Java, Wavefront, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure), Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform.
Team and challenge
In this role you will be part of a multi-regional organization and will be working directly with a development squad and participating in their Scrum ceremonies. Close collaboration with different departments across the company such as Operations teams, Support teams, Engineering teams (Devs and QEs).
We are growing our services using all the major public clouds, migrating to Kubernetes for deployments globally and adding world-class monitoring to provide the most reliable experience for our customers.
- Design, create and deliver a highly available, flexible, low latency and secure cloud infrastructure;
- Improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance;
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at scale;
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability/security is designed and implemented from the start;
- Collaborate with QE on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying applications to production;
- Flexibility for on-call duties (follow the sun model).
- 3 years hands on experience in building fault tolerant and scalable systems;
- Experience with Unix/Linux, cloud environments such as AWS (EC2, CloudWatch, Lambda)
- Experience with infrastructure management (Terraform/Cloudformation);
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible/Chef), CI/CD (Jenkins, GoCD);
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Go lang, Rust.
- Participation in the company’s bonus scheme – based on company performance and individual performance;
- Private Healthcare;
- Transit Allowance;
- Meal Allowance & Weekly Lunch;
- Flexible Working Schedule;
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
If you are a DevOps engineer who is comfortable and interested in building out tools and infrastructure focused on system level availability, agility, transparency, and scalability, then we have the right challenge for you!
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.