Senior Android Developer
Engineering – R&D
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
We are looking for a keen, well-seasoned Android Developer with solid Java/Kotlin programming skills and with a passion for DI (Dagger2), Reactive programming, and MVVM.
In this role you will be part of a talented product team responsible with the development of the 8x8 Meetings app. Our patented technology allows millions of business users worldwide to connect on a daily basis with HD video and HD audio quality.
As an Android expert, influencing the final look and feel of the product will be under your ownership.
The 8x8 conferencing app hosts meetings with up to 100 participants in multiple locations and supports screen sharing across multiple windows and monitors. Learn more about the product on our website and join our growing technology team today.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to understand, clarify, and break down requirements;
- Work in a fast-paced, high velocity team;
- Research, design, and develop POCs to solve product-related issues;
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform;
- Adhere to high quality coding standards through unit testing, automation, and performance profiling.
- Minimum 4 years of technical experience;
- Solid understanding of OOP, design patterns, threading, and mobile-specific architecture principles;
- Know-how to create software that is extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives;
- Work experience with Java/Kotlin, Android SDKs, and Android application development;
- Deep knowledge of Android best practices, APIs and libraries;
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle;
- Good experience with REST Web services;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and with others.
Nice to have
- Reactive programming;
- Advanced Kotlin concepts;
- Video streaming experience;
- Security and Networking concepts;
- Proven record of publishing good looking, native apps.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.