Sales Engineer - Channel
Sales – Sales Engineering
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
You’re a key member of the sales team. You have primary responsibility for providing pre-sales technical engagement for all 8x8 Channel Partners on products and services.You interact directly with all levels of management on the customer accounts including the executive management team (CEO, CTO, COO, CIO, etc.) You identify key customer requirements and present 8x8 solutions that meet those requirements. You help customer prospects determine their desired outcomes and then take them through the realization process.
You’re a subject matter expert who does right by the customer because you know that people buy from people, and that your credibility is paramount.
· Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
· Transfer industry, technical, and product knowledge to customers.
· Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
· Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
· Perform advanced technical presentations for customers, and prospects remotely and in-person.
· Develop advanced system configurations and implementations in response to customer needs and requirements.
· Develop and maintain expert understanding of all 8x8 applications and products.
· Representation at conferences, industry, and sales events when requested by department manager.
· Actively participate as a SME for certain products and technologies, providing consultative support to other Sales Engineers in their area of specialization.
· Provide direct support for the technical fulfilment of RFI’s, RFQ’s and RFP’s in their assigned territory.
· Responsible for continued education on the platform and underlying technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
· At least 5 years knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in one or more of the following areas of specialization: Voice, Video, Mobile Communications, Fixed Mobile Convergence, Contact Center, Business Applications and Integrations
· Ability to work effectively on a remote basis.
· Ability to teach other members of the team and act as a mentor as required.
· Requires an action oriented individual with a very strong initiative to be successful.
· Willingness to take ownership of accounts and account related actions.
· Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams.
· Ability to complete job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrate ability to implement, drive and track projects
· Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity.
· Willingness to travel throughout assigned region.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.