Senior Backend Engineer - CCaaS platform
Remote, Romania /
Engineering – Development /
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
Want to make a bigger impact in these extraordinary times? Join us in shaping the future of the Contact Center industry!
8x8 is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Contact Center engineering team.
What will you build?
8x8 Contact Center is a complete Cloud contact center SaaS solution that makes it easy to connect and collaborate with agents, employees and customers.Recognized for six years in a row in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for CCaaS.
It combines world-class omnichannel interactions capabilities, workforce engagement, quality management, outbound dialling, CRM (embedded and external integrations) and many other capabilities.
8x8 Contact Center is fast growing and already serves thousands of Customers spread across all over the globe.
How will you do it?
Contact Center architecture tackles the exciting challenges faced by a successful system at scale: scalability, performance, resilience, multi-tenancy, multi-region, cost optimization and time to mark. At the same time we face interesting domain specific challenges related to the real-time nature of the business:
- Real-time ultra-performant concurrent matching of Interactions and Agents
- Telephony and Digital Channels integrations (SMS, Social Media, Web Chat, Chat Bots)
- Integration with 8x8 Unified Communications Platform
- CRM integrations
We adopted the Microservices architectural style and run our system in a hybrid Public Cloud - Private DataCenter infrastructure.
Highlights of our technology stack:
- Backend: SpringBoot/Cloud, Kafka, Redis, Camunda
- AWS Managed Services
- Frontend: React JS
- Infrastructure, configuration and deployment: Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Observability: Wavefront, New Relic, Dashbase, Lightstep
Our Agile Process is continuously improved in order to support our Continuous Delivery mindset and fast evolving business needs.
We are firm believers that Quality relies on healthy engineering practices:
- Well articulated Technical Design
- API First
- Great Code
- Extensive and candid Peer Reviews
- Qualitative and quantitative test coverage as per the Pyramid of Tests
- Excellent Documentation
What will be your responsibilities?
- Design and implement technical solutions that satisfy Product requirements
- Satisfy NFR-s, with special emphasis on Security and Observability
- Engage in the Continuous Improvement process
- Interactions with other Teams and Stakeholders
Are we a good match?
- Proven technical experience-
- Very strong knowledge of Java Core
- Expertise in Linux
- Spring ecosystem know-how
- Proficiency in Database technologies (SQL and NoSQL)
- Good knowledge of Distributed Systems
- Good knowledge of NFR-s analysis and implementation
- Deliver beautiful and well tested code
- Exposure to AWS (or other Public Cloud)
- Self Starter and ambitious
- Play the long game
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent salary
- Restricted stock unit: generous grant of stocks that you receive when signing with us, enabling you to own a part of the company
- Loyalty annual leave days & replacement days for weekend bank holidays
- Continued career development
- Yearly pay reviews
- Company Bonus (paid 2x a year)
- Private Healthcare, Private Pension, Life Insurance, Dental plan, Meal Tickets, Gym Membership
- Office lunch Wednesday (for when we're able to return to the office)
- Work from home and great work/life balance
- Top spec hardware and accessories to work on
- An office chair of your own to work at home
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.