Director Digital Analytics
San Jose, California
Marketing – Marketing
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
We are looking for an experienced marketing analytics professional to lead 8x8’s Analytics team. This role is responsible for helping internal marketing teams measure and optimize marketing programs and investments across paid, owned and earned media channels to drive customer engagement, brand equity and company profitability.
In this capacity, this person will apply marketing measurement techniques, including a/b testing, to quantify the impact of marketing tactics on business and financial outcomes in the short and long term. They will also develop predictive models to optimize media efficiency and maximize campaign incrementality and profitability.
Above and beyond strong data and technical skills, the right candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of business and marketing performance.
- Build, maintain and evolve customer level marketing attribution models to quantify the effect of marketing communications on customer behavior, sales and profitability across paid, owned and earned channels (e. g., tv, radio, out of home, paid search, display, online video, direct mail, social media, etc.).
- Manage modeling processes from end-to-end including data gathering, data validation, model building, calibration, cross-validation, and maximizing model accuracy. Interpret and validate model results with statistical checks.
- Design reports, data visualizations and presentations to track model performance and communicate business impact to marketing leadership teams.
- Run optimization and simulation scenarios to help optimize marketing reach, frequency exposure and spend across media channels.
- Prepare quarterly media optimization scenarios to inform media plans, financial forecasting, and identify areas for efficiency improvements.
- Develop scalable & robust methods for measuring on-going marketing programs.
- Translate strategic business questions into analyses that inform business decisions.
- Explain complex modeling approaches in simple terms.
- Develop compelling narratives that connect modeling results with marketing problems.
- Work closely with the planning team to implement standard methodologies to solve key marketing measurement challenges.
- Leverage analytic capabilities available through third party vendors.
- Build & maintains strong working relationships across departments or teams based on trust and mutual respect.
- Communicate with senior stakeholder to balance stakeholder and analytics perspectives.
- Lead Analytics team. Ensure team members are clear on priorities, timelines and project requirements.
- Create an environment that encourages excellence, innovation, and strong business performance.
- Establish performance standards for team members and monitor progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline. Graduate degree, a plus.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing advanced marketing measurement methods; proficiency with predictive modeling techniques.
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience programming in R, SQL, Python.
- Experience with standard B2B SaaS dashboards that are both preventative and strategic.
- Experience with various types of marketing data, including ad-serving (e.g., Google DCM, Atlas), and digital clickstream (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe).
- Experience working with large enterprise databases, with demonstrated ability to independently query and prepare data for analysis.
- Self-directed, innovative thinker. In addition to a strong attention to detail, strong candidates will also be able to see the strategic implications for the business in the big picture. You are fluent in telling the story to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong candidates will have a curious mind, a passion for synthesizing information from multiple sources, the ability to interpret data through the lens of shopper behavior, and a habit of translating data into insights that drive action.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.