Payroll Manager, APAC
Singapore, Singapore (Wavecell)
Wavecell, an 8x8 Company – Finance & Strategy
Wavecell, an 8x8 company, is a Global Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) focusing on SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice to enhance customer experience and business productivity. Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels into their products and applications. We provide cloud-based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly, and we are hiring talents seeing challenges and fun. Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and others. Our ambition is to become the Global leader in Cloud Communications API services. At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative start up environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
About the job
We are looking for someone with excellent problem solving and communications skills who will help transform how we administer and manage our APAC payroll and compensation operations. In this role you will report to the Head of Global Compensation & Stock Administration, and you will be the point person for all things related to managing our APAC operations.
This role will be responsible for hands-on, end-to-end administration of the Company's APAC Payroll, including but not limited to wage payment, compensation payments, equity awards and withholding tax calculations. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully leading daily activities as well as annual events, compliance, and managing day-to-day stakeholder and vendor relationships.
- Manage APAC payroll processing, compliance and work closely with the local vendors and accountants on various responsibilities, including monthly/quarterly accounting close activities, account maintenance and reconciliations, expense report reimbursement, financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Overall management and analysis of payroll operations and related activities that ensure compliance with international jurisdictions.
- Maintain effective internal controls for the payroll function and proactively work with management to identify process improvements and gaps.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of all payroll policies, objectives, and short/long-term planning.
- Ensure financial reporting is standardized and ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting rules that affect payroll accounts globally.
- Drive meetings with cross-functional departments (HR, Stock Admin, IT, Legal, Internal Audit, FP&A, etc.) to identify and implement payroll process improvements and best practices to drive excellence and eliminate errors.
- Resolve escalations, by obtaining and understanding root cause and take corrective action.
- Partner with Human Resources on all matters involving employee compensation, benefits and disability payments. Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits and support statutory and compliance audits.
- Work closely with Stock Admin to ensure timely stock compensation reporting.
- Work with FP&A and Accounting on quarterly cash flow forecasting as it relates to payroll and tax payments.
- 10+ years of progressive payroll experience with a minimum of 5+ years of global people management experience
- Strong experience in development of efficiencies in payroll processes, directing changes, and internal controls
- In-depth knowledge of APAC payroll regulations and reporting requirements, including current multi-country payroll tax experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills, ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities, meet deadlines and thrive under the pressure of time constraints while maintain accuracy and focus on attention to detail
- Knowledge of Workday, and/or NetSuite system is a plus
- Strong, professional interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Superior leadership and management skills supported by a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a team environment