Mobile Android Developer
San Jose, California
Engineering – Product
8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
· Architecture and implement big and feature-rich Android applications.
· Make sure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application are always running smoothly.
· Assure proper engineering methodologies and best practices are followed.
· Mentoring junior Android engineers.
· Keep updated with latest mobile-related technologies with a particular focus on Android
· Minimum 5 years of experience of developing core Android applications must.
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end servers.
· Good knowledge of efficient design patterns.
· Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning.
· Experience with unit testing, UI testing, and test automation.
· Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Familiarity with continuous integration, benchmarking and optimization.
· Experience using distributed source code version control systems (Git/GitLab)
· Reactive programming.
· Push notifications
· Dependency injection framework like Dagger.
· VOIP(SIP) - optional
· Media streaming technologies (RTP, RTMP, RTSP) - optional
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.